Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 24 - The final few days

Today, we returned to a fairly normal schedule at Wake Forest.

I fell asleep trying to hang out and maximize my time with my friends, so I guess this will be a fairly short blog post! We went to classes to discuss our final product--ours will be a rap battle/debate format. I'm not quite sure how that will turn out, but I'm looking forward to seeing it! In class, we discussed the ideas of what freedoms were and in what order they were ranked in terms of importance. We had some debate over the importances of the right to life and the right to liberty, which surprised me, honestly. It was a reflection of the "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" sentiment!

Later, children from the Boys and Girls Club of America came to tour "Europe". Everyone gave short presentations about their countries. I learned how to do Eastern European dances, Western European dances (specifically from Belgium with Wouter-Jan), and different little facts about the countries that the fellows were from.

I can't believe that the program is ending soon. I'm feeling pretty sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment