Monday, December 27, 2010

I loathe driver education class.

Okay, not really loathe. This feeling of loathing is probably a mix between exasperation, sleepiness, and anxiousness. Exasperation because there's one girl in my class who always asks questions and tells stories about her father's driving. Exasperation because it took an hour to resolve a conflict between students and the driving instructor. Sleepiness because it is Winter Break, and I should probably be sleeping for at least a couple days straight to make up for what school took away from me... Anxiousness because I would like to finally get my permit (which I should have gotten a while ago)... And because my confidence in driving safely is seriously undermined by the fact that I can and have crashed multiple golf carts.

I really do appreciate that it's free (the first time, at least). I guess that getting a Driver's Permit gives me a pretty legitimate excuse to get a new wallet (which I've been wanting). I also think that showing people (particularly teen people) the right way to drive low-risk, and the consequences of not doing so is a great idea...

It's just that going to Driver Education for 6 hours a day for 5 days a week sounds oddly similar to something I do on a regular basis (that really does wear me out, no matter how much I enjoy it)... Oh, wait. School.

So much for a Winter Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment