Thursday, January 21, 2010

Appreciation.

Nothing really seems to brighten up your day more than knowing that you are appreciated.

But appreciating someone or something else can sometimes be a hard thing, and is many times, not on our mind. We think that our lives are too short and too precious to waste trying to appreciate someone or something that doesn't even like us, or benefit us in any way.

But today, I met someone who would always pester me because of what he would say, and someone I would continually avoid.
And I was forced to talk to that person.

But because I was reminding myself that this person was someone's precious child, someone's best friend, someone's cherished sibling, etc, etc, I found it easier to be kind and more accepting.
Not that it was easy, at all. Quite the contrary.
Just a little bit easier, and overall a pleasant experience.

And I suppose that appreciation is something to continually remind myself about.

A little 'thank you' can go a really go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment