Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nervewracking.

I think piano should be an extreme sport.

With that said, here's why:

Well, I play competitive piano. Competition is always good--it lets you see where you stand in the crowd. Last year, I played in this same competition, and won the Piano Category with the first movement from a lovely concerto called Grieg Piano Concerto in a minor.

You can listen to a different interpretation by one of the greats, Arthur Rubenstein, of the same piece here:

Thanks to cellomoi for the video.

Anyway, I played in the same competition again this year. In fact, I just finished playing, and I'm even more nervous than before I played! I played the third movement from the same concerto. The results aren't up yet, and won't be until the afternoon, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

While I'm waiting, I guess I'll just post a video of the piece I played today!

You won't be able to hear the entire piece, but here's my favorite interpretation of this movement so far by Sviatoslav Richter:

Thanks to samsonno for the video.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. When was your recital? I didn't know that it was this close!

    ReplyDelete