Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 12

Today's been a long day, so I'll probably be keeping this blog post shorter than the norm; I love bullet points.


  • We visited the Newseum, which really brought back memories from last year and my time with the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America. I took pictures by the same features of the exhibits, and watched the same documentaries in the museum, but it was interesting seeing the news and reading the history of the news with fresh eyes. For example, there was a huge focus on the press of 9/11 and post-9/11 after effects, however, I don't remember there being such a huge emphasis last year. And the 4D video was much cooler than I remembered!
Adam and I recreate Muhammad Ali
  • Apparently I look like I'm 12 or under. The Newseum staff let me eat a kid's meal.
$6 for pasta, a roll, and a drink? Unheard of in an overpriced museum setting!
  • I then toured the National Gallery of Art with Cristina, Richards, and Hana. I went to the George Bellows documentary, saw Rodin's and Degas' sculptures, Calder's hanging sculptures, etc. I only really had time to really absorb the art from one floor, but I enjoyed myself very much. 
  • Afterwards, we went to the Capitol. Took a photo with Richard Burr, the Republican Senator from North Carolina. Took tours of the Capitol. Visited the Senate and the House galleries. (Which, by the way, were interesting because of the recent hubbub about the healthcare bill. http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/11/politics/house-health-care/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)
  • I had a conference call with The Echo Foundation--I'm really looking forward to work with them again this year. But there's so much to do, not enough time!
  • I really like Pita bread. 
  • LPOTD 2. 
There was a part of the Newseum in which we could upload photos of ourselves and tell the world where we were from. Lorik thinks this photo is a good representation of himself.

"These bugs, they're all over me. Just like the girls." - Lorik

1 comment:

  1. Yes. It's been a really busy summer for you. Every day and every night...
    But remember that Good meal is always a good fuel for your mind and strong body.

    ReplyDelete