Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 8

Moral of the day: I hate buses.

We left for Philadelphia today by bus, and it took approximately 13 hours total, complete with an engine failure and an oil leak that required fixing. But in the end, I'm here and I have some awesome pictures of sleeping people. I suppose I won't publish them out of the goodness of my heart...

But on the way there, I thought it was funny that "Mean Girls" and "Hot Fuzz" were played back to back. From a chick flick to a semi-horror satire? Interesting and entertaining movie choices. Honestly, though, I was asleep for most of the ride. Carsickness and motion sicknesses have been the banes of my existence since I was young.

I did spend some time talking with Claudia from Slovakia about the Slovakian education system and the International Baccalaureate programme in her country. She tried to explain this thing called Gymnasium that is common in Europe, but I'll have to do some research on my own.

Anyway, I'm finally in Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love! We went to dinner at a place called Jake's Italian Pizza and Grill, and was surprised to find a paper plate from the Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Institute of 2010 on display! One of our mentors' names, Daniel, was on the displayed plate as well.

At the hotel, we swam for a bit before retiring in for curfew. I'm looking forward to a fun day tomorrow. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 13 hours in a bus! but I'm so glad to hear that you and your all friends finally arrived there and found a happy surprise at the restaurant. ( BFTF : Best Friends Together Forever!)

    ReplyDelete